Types of DataBase Languages In DBMS.
Data sublanguage consists of two parts :
- Data Definition Language : To specify Database Schema.
- Data Manipulation Language : To express database queries and updates.
1.Data Definition Language (DDL):
Database schema is specified by a set of definition which are expressed by a specific language called Data Definition Language (DDL).
Data Dictionary : The result of compilation of DDL statement is a set of tables, which is stored in a special file called data dictionary or system catalogues. This file contain META data i.e. data about data.
Data Storage and Definition Language : The storage structure and access methods used by the database system are specified by a set of definitions in a special type of DDL called Data Storage and Definition Language.
2.Data Manipulation Language (DML):
DML is a language that enables users to access or manipulate data as organized by the appropriate data model.
Data Manipulation means.
- To RETRIEVE the information from Database.
- To INSERT information into database.
- To DELETE information from Database.
- To MODIFY information from database.
There are two types of DML.
1. Procedural DML : It requires a user to specify what data are needed and how to get those data.
2. Non-Procedural DML : It requires a user to specify what data are needed without specifying how to get those data.
Query is a statement requiring or requesting the retrival of information.
Query language is the portion of DML that involves information retrial.
Types of DataBase Languages In DBMS. Reviewed by Hardik Pandya on 9:36:00 PM Rating: